Tuesday, April 26, 2011

AMERICA! My favorite things...

Well, I've been back in the U.S. for about a week.  The transition is a bit hard at times and I haven't had energy to do much besides unpack and re-learn English :)  My major event has been adding an iPhone 4 to my life - my parents gave it to me as a welcome home gift.  And as I learn how to use it, I've been taking photos using the built-in camera, capturing a few of the things that I'm happiest to see back here in the U.S.A.  Here is a photo gallery of a few of "my favorite things."
Pedicures! To take care of my callused mistreated feet!

Sushi! (I don't eat meat, but I love fish!)

Sugar-free gum - an American jumbo pack with 35 pieces! They must have been thinking of me...

Washing machine.  Wow, just a simple push of the button wipes away hours of toil at a washboard.

Clean, drinkable tap water that doesn't contain parasites or bacteria

Family cat #1

Family cat #2 Both are flea-free and snuggly!

Apples!

Kombucha.  I think I missed this beverage the most (well, after red wine)

Moutains and cool weather for wearing jackets and not constantly sweating!

Our family dog, Layla
My parents!

Take me on a hike, Penny!

No comments: